In the spring and autumn of 2020 Trails of Albania scouted trails to connect Permet with Skrapar. This will give the opportunity for continues treks starting in Zagoria (4 days) and through the remote villages between Permet and Skrapar for another 4 days. Five main trails and additional variations and side trails were identified, GPS recorded, described and evaluated. In every village and along the trail we identified and evaluated the potential hosts which were then couched by our experts, while a familiarisation trip expects to be hold in the upcoming months, where the new hosts will visit experienced ones in Zagoria and connect with each other.
These findings were compiled into a comprehensive report to RisiAlbania that included:
- Trails: Five main trails and additional variations and side trails were identified, GPS recorded, described and evaluated.
- Local suppliers: 18 potential suppliers were identified, interviewed and investment needs assessed, namely 8 homestays, 3 transport providers and 1 horse porter. Some suppliers fulfill multiple roles and/or include multiple members of one homestead.
- The scouting report is compiled and evaluated: The experts completed a joint report and created separate descriptions and SWOT analysis of the five main trails and seven most promising hosts. A photo album documents trails and hosts.
- Itinerary is created based on multiple scouting trips and outcomes.
- New packages and programs are designed and published on the Zbulo page of Southern Albania.
- Opportunities and further recommendation.